Friday, January 18, 2013

Open the Eyes of My Heart

O Lord, open his eyes so he may see.
                                         2 Kings 6:17

I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe.
                                         Ephesians1:18-19

The more I seek God's face, the more He opens my eyes that I might see.

Even more astounding, He continues to open the eyes of my heart wider and wider with each passing day.

I feel the sense of His incomparably great power in my life as He strengthens me to become more and more confident in Him.

You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.
                                         1 John 4:4

I have tried for so long to free myself from the chains of my addictions and obsessions.  In my own strength I am ultimately powerless.  My strength is too weak to overcome the power of the sin.

But God's strength is not.  As long as I cling to Him in faith, hope and love, He will not fail me.

I may stumble and fall but He is there beside me gently encouraging me to brush myself off and stand firmly beside Him once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment