Thursday, September 22, 2011

Callings

Walk worthy of your calling.
                             Ephesians 4:1

Where is God calling me in this second half of life that I am so blessed to have been given?  There are many who are not so lucky.

Both of my boys have now left home for college and I'm left wondering where their childhoods went.  The calling of motherhood never ends but the days of hands-on parenting and nonstop activity are past.

There are so many emotions that defy tidy labels and I am left speechless.  My days are different.  My life is forever changed.

But I know that God is good and even in the midst of excruciating pain He has always been there.  I have never been forsaken and that gives me courage to face the future - whatever it may hold.

This is a time for learning new things.  I have been jolted out of the rut of complacency and routine and I'm ready to begin even though I don't exactly know where I'm going.

God has promised that if we seek Him we will find Him and I intend to use this precious time to seek Him with all my heart.  He alone holds the answer that my heart needs.

I'd love for you to join me on this journey of faith and be my traveling companion.  There are so many blessings just waiting to be discovered and shared.

1 comment:

  1. May God bless you on your journey. Feel free to read my blog and leave comments. I"m almost at the end of my 90 day Journey but please feel free to go back and read from the first day. You'll get to know me some there and my heart for Christ and all HE is doing in my life!

    God bless you! I"ll pray for you as you journey with Christ! May you experience Him in all of His fullness!

    ReplyDelete